Good news everybody!
The little project I've been hammering out over the last four days, some
of it in public(my call for assistance Friday night), is ready for Beta.

It is a simple on-screen alarm clock, and it is plain, very plain.

The display is basic Gtk2 with a few tweaks to force refresh.
The alarm tone is provided by a shared library in C using ALSA API.
(And I'm happy to report that it was built on 10.10 in ALSA 1.0.23, but
is back compatible without re-linking on ALSA 1.0.21(10.04)).
The sound files(there is a choice) are own-rolled wavs.

The gear is available to anybody who's up for a laugh, at the usual
place.
ftp.simonoriordan.com
user-b...@simonoriordan.com
password quixote1112
Look in the Linux Alarm Clock folder, and wherever you link the .so
file, keep the wav files local.

Simono

--
Next meeting:  Crown Hotel, Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-11-02 20:00