On 18 October 2010 16:55, Simon O'Riordan <voluntar...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> .. just that my previous experiences hadn't led me to expect any nasties.

I daresay we' ve all been there. :-)

> I'm getting some peculiar effects, the ALSA programme doesn't execute in
> some directories, it does in others, which leads me to believe that
> there really may be some permission issues with the ALSA/pulse PCM
> setup.

what about the ownership of the ALSA files and libraries? (on my
slackware box it's all root:root by default)

also, is the execute problem the same for all users?

--
regards, jr.

time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

--
Next meeting:  Crown Hotel, Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-11-02 20:00