Absolutely everything to do with it JR; just that my previous
experiences hadn't led me to expect any nasties. But I did say release
to Beta, when I might have said Alpha.
I'm getting some peculiar effects, the ALSA programme doesn't execute in
some directories, it does in others, which leads me to believe that
there really may be some permission issues with the ALSA/pulse PCM
setup.
Would appreciate any advice from people who install a lot of software on
on Ubuntu, but I should have thought that if everything else I've built
worked straight off, the difference is the sound setup permissions.
Simono

--
Next meeting:  Crown Hotel, Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-11-02 20:00