I didn't blame anything. I merely suggested a path to investigate.
That's called using your tools.
Oh, and the problem definitely lies with the way I was using ALSA in
a .so library.
It works fine in the Process-based version.
Incidentally, if you are still supporting OSS you've missed the point
that ALSA replaced it precisely because it had no support.
Simono