On 28/09/14 14:51, Terry Coles wrote:
On Sunday 28 Sep 2014 13:59:28 Sam Davis wrote:
(Resend as I think I forgot reply to all...)
I've noticed over the last few weeks that a lot of messages from people on the
the list arrive with my address in the 'To' field.  Sometimes they go via the
list as well and sometimes they just seem to be sent to me (if the sender is
replying to a message by me).

Maybe the list logic has changed recently, but for all of the time I've been
on this list (nearly 15 years), I've only ever clicked 'Reply' and the list
bot forwards my message to everyone on the list.  If you click 'Reply to All',
I think it sends to both the list and the original poster.

I always spot this because normal messages to the list have the list address
in the 'To' field and are therefore automatically filtered by my mail client
into the DLUG folder.  Messages that don't go via the list remain in my Inbox.

So is this a misunderstanding on the part of some users or has the list
behaviour changed?

I think the behaviour of the list has changed. Looking at older emails the reply-to header used to be the list email address

Now it seems to be set to the sender's email address

So now when you hit reply it doesn't go to the list as it once did, which is why I think people are using reply to all.
Thunderbird seems to detect the list and gives a reply to list option.