On 22/09/14 20:31, Terry Coles wrote:
On Monday 22 Sep 2014 19:54:24 Peter Merchant wrote:
On 22/09/14 19:16, Terry Coles wrote:
So why the horribly buggy Adobe Flash, instead of Pepper Flash which
Google
uses by default in Chrome.

They removed the Adobe Flash Plugin for a reason you know :-)
OK, I am sufficiently chastised.

I removed and re-installed it, and it works now. Thanks for help and
advice. I nearly installed chromium, but the review said that it was
more for developers.
First I've heard of that.  I thought that Chromium was the fully Open Source
version of Chrome with all the nasty Google tracking stuff removed.
From Linux Insider: http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/79510.html

n general, though, people should choose Chrome or Chromium based on their use case, Shah advised. Since Chrome includes a few additional add-ons such as built-in Flash and a PDF viewer, most people find that it works well for them.

"However, open-source developers may prefer Chromium," he concluded, "if they are often tinkering with source code or modifying their own distribution."

- See more at: http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/79510.html#sthash.5BEvVijR.dpuf

n general, though, people should choose Chrome or Chromium based on their use case, Shah advised. Since Chrome includes a few additional add-ons such as built-in Flash and a PDF viewer, most people find that it works well for them.

"However, open-source developers may prefer Chromium," he concluded, "if they are often tinkering with source code or modifying their own distribution."

- See more at: http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/79510.html#sthash.5BEvVijR.dpuf

In general, though, people should choose Chrome or Chromium based on their use case, Shah advised. Since Chrome includes a few additional add-ons such as built-in Flash and a PDF viewer, most people find that it works well for them.

"However, open-source developers may prefer Chromium," he concluded, "if they are often tinkering with source code or modifying their own distribution."

- See more at: http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/79510.html#sthash.5BEvVijR.dpuf

"However, open-source developers may prefer Chromium," he concluded, "if they are often tinkering with source code or modifying their own distribution." - See more at: http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/79510.html#sthash.5BEvVijR.dpuf

In general, though, people should choose Chrome or Chromium based on their use case, Shah advised. Since Chrome includes a few additional add-ons such as built-in Flash and a PDF viewer, most people find that it works well for them.

"However, open-source developers may prefer Chromium," he concluded, "if they are often tinkering with source code or modifying their own distribution."

- See more at: http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/79510.html#sthash.5BEvVijR.dpuf "However, open-source developers may prefer Chromium," he concluded, "if they are often tinkering with source code or modifying their own distribution."
[If I do the same for Skype, will my webcam work? ]
Dunno.  Probably not.

Got Skype video working via another means. A good evenings accomplishments, even if it wasn't what I wanted to do with my evening.