On Sunday 28 Sep 2014 16:22:35 Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> It has indeed changed, as announced last month.  :-)
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.user-groups.linux.uk.dorset/5944

Hmmm.  I see that I received that message, but never realised its significance
at the time.

The thing is that my mail client (KMail) has mailing list support, so a simple
'Reply' works.  However, if the user clicks 'Reply-to-All', then presumably
two messages get sent; one to the list and one direct to the originator of the
list.

In all the years I've been using mailing lists (20 this year), I've never
known this to be the case.  Those early mail clients that I used may or may
not have had mailing list support (anyone remember YAM on the Amiga), but all
I've ever done is click 'Reply' and the message went back to the list and then
got distributed by the list-bot.

So what happens if someone who hasn't got mailing list support clicks 'Reply'?
Does the message only go to the originator?