On Tuesday, 11 April 2017 11:40:05 BST Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> They take buffers and cache out of the equation.  785612 / 16204 = 48 so
> you can withstand growth at that rate for quite a few multiples of your
> monitoring period, if it's linear.

Thanks.  Now I can focus on the overheating.  We were trying to avoid any
holes in the case for ventilation, so cooling depends on internal circulation
of the air to move the heat from the hot-spots to a finned heatsink on the
inside of the case.

The case BTW is an old 7.62 mm Ammo Box :-)  The idea is that the heatsink
transfers heat from the air to the metal wall of the case.  It looks like it
may not be working as planned.

It looks like I need to put a fan inside to help natural convection to shift
the air from the Pi to the heatsink.  If that doesn't work, I'll have to put
in some vents, but that will let damp air in....

--

                Terry