On 09/09/2020 09:41, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty wrote:
> <cut>
> Cheers for finding that, I didn't really have any luck in my search for
> that (or for young Skywalker).
>
> NB:  meant "errors=remount-ro", that was a typo.
>
> I'm kinda surprised a networking-driver-related OOPS can cause LUKS
> volumes to fail (other volumes w/ same filesystem do not get unmounted,
> but this one does consistently).
>
> Hamish

Going by what the helpful guy at
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/3843 says, this might be an
issue with the underlying driver for the USB chip in the older pis. The
last time it unmounted, all my USB devices reset, so that suggests this
is indeed the problem, or at least part of it.

Perhaps this explains some of our issues with the network in previous
years at the model town, Terry? It might be worth me making a note on
the forum about it. I'm currently trying a different overlay which is
supposed to fix the problem at the expense of a little bit of USB
throughput.

Hamish