On 13/02/2021 13:46, PeterMerchant wrote:
On 13/02/2021 13:06, Terry Coles wrote:
On Saturday, 13 February 2021 11:20:30 GMT CA Wills wrote:
As Peter said below, this seems to be the same problem, only one item
not connecting.

So a question: if I have another router (a previous TT one) can I:

Using the additional router.;

1.  Connect it up exactly as the present one (same name) but located in
the living room where I most use my laptop, wiil it work? Or will it
interfere with the original?  ((Approx 7m + 2 walls away)
You can only have one Router connected to the phone line, but otherwise
setting the old one up as a repeater would probably be the best thing to do,
providing that the old Router can be set up that way.  I can't comment on that
without seeing the Model Number (and always assuming that TT provide a
downloadable manual).

If that isn't possible, you may be able to connect the old router to the new
one with an Ethernet cable and set the old one ups as an AP with the same
ESSID and credentials.  You'd need to have them in the same room in that case
(or drill holes in your walls).

Looking at my old 3Com router that I am using as a repeater over powerline
adapters, I can't find a configuration item to disable ADSL, But  what Clive
must do is disable DHCP on the remote router. I think that is all that I did.

This remote router has different Wifi settings. The system status does show WAN
connection type: N.A. and Status: DISCONNECTED, but of course it would.

Peter

Powerline adapters might be a solution for Clive, Argos?