On 13/02/2021 14:00, Terry Coles wrote:
On Saturday, 13 February 2021 13:50:55 GMT PeterMerchant wrote:
Powerline adapters might be a solution for Clive, Argos?
If he's going to have to spend money then it's probably cheaper to by a USB
WiFi Adaptor or a WiFi Extender:

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/1286627?
clickSR=slp:term:plug%20in%20wifi%20booster:1:15:1

True, This upstairs PC now connects via the downstairs extender that I got in
order to give us coverage in the Kitchen instead of directly to the router, and
the powerline adapters are only used for when I connect a R-Pi  to the router
to update it or get software.  [I mentioned once before that the Wifi
connection was faster than the Powerline link].

I had been about to suggest that if he got powerline adapters, to get one with
a passthrough mains so that you don't lose a socket.

I have a TP-Link 305 Wifi extender and it was not easy to set up, as a matter
of fact the 'remote' wifi connection I was unable to change the SSID, though I
could change the security Key.

Peter