On 03/02/2023 11:39, Peter Merchant via dorset wrote:
On 03/02/2023 09:39, Terry Coles wrote:
On 03/02/2023 09:26, Peter Merchant wrote:
I recently installed a program to my Kubuntu 20.04 system called Microblocks.
It is a scratch-like program for things like an ESP-32.

The problem is that it doesn't appear anywhere in my application launcher, but
if I type the name in on the 'search' bar of the AL, it finds it. Does anybody
know how I can add it to the Application Launcher?  I am having the same
problem with the Arduino IDE.

Peter,

There are two ways to do this; one for the main Application launcher as you
requested and one for the Widgets on an Activity.

I can't give you a step by step, because it depends on the program concerned.
For the main Launcher; right-click the launcher icon and select 'Edit
Applications...'.  This launches the KDE Menu Editor.  Click on the appropriate
Menu Item, eg 'System', right=click on that and select 'New Item'.  Then fill
in the blanks including the command that launches the program.
Ah, herein is the rub. I don't know where the program is stored. And with the
Arduino one, I have installed and  removed it so many times trying to find a
version that works for me that I am sure that my computer is full of junk. PS
Arduino IDE vn.2 I couldn't get on with trying to find the hardware that i
needed. It has a known bug.

To do it as a Widget you need the Widget 'QuickLaunch' installed then simply
right-click within the QuickLaunch area and proceed as with the main App
Launcher.
Not interested in this.

Let us know how you get on.

So far so Not so good.

Tried Whereis to find it - no luck

Tried which to find it - no luck

Tried Locate - /usr/share/applications/MicroBlocks.desktop

So I edited the application launcher,    but when I tried it - nothing happened.

.still working on it.