On 03/02/2023 11:39, Peter Merchant via dorset wrote:
Ah, herein is the rub. I don't know where the program is stored. And with the Arduino one, I have installed and  removed it so many times trying to find a version that works for me that I am sure that my computer is full of junk. PS Arduino IDE vn.2 I couldn't get on with trying to find the hardware that i needed. It has a known bug.

You shouldn't need to know where the program is stored; just the command to launch it.  Since you say that it works from the command line, then you should have enough to get it to work.