On 04/02/2023 07:00, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
Hi Patrick,

I downloaded the .deb package from their website at MicroBlocks.fun
and opened it as an archive file to see what the .desktop file
contains:

[Desktop Entry]
Name=MicroBlocks
Comment=MicroBlocks is a graphical and dynamic blocks language for
32 bit microcontroller boards such as the BBC micro:bit, the
Adafruit Circuit Playground Express, the NodeMCU and many Arduinos.
Exec=/usr/local/bin/ublocks
Icon=/usr/share/icons/MicroBlocks.png
Type=Application
Categories=Development;<80>
This seems to show that MicroBlocks should appear in the Development
submenu. If it doesn't, I see two possibilities:
You email has a byte with the value 0x80 after the semicolon in the
Categories line, rendered as ASCII above, by the time it reaches here.

Is it in the .desktop file or did it get added somewhere between there
and here?  If it's in the file, perhaps that's stopping it being fully
processed?

The email has ‘Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit’ so that eighth bit did
well to get here, and the software badly for letting it.  It's the only
top-bit-set byte.

     $ tr -d '\000-\177' </home/ralph/mail/inbox/30427 | sed -n l
     \200$
     $

I got the original OK.

Peter M.