Re: "C:\Windows\explorer.exe to the list of exceptions" I added it but still get the dreaded
"DQSD failed to parse on-line version information.
Error message: The download of the specific resource has failed."

FYI: Upon boot this morning I couldn't get the DQSD chevrons. I closed all apps so none were taking up space and it still no chevrons even with my dbl clicking the Search icon trick. Then for some reason after much finageling they appeared. I then added the exceptions and tried the update with the above result.

Thanks,
Kerry

Kim Gräsman wrote:
Hi Kerry,

When I selected "Check for update" I got the exact same error
massage "DQSD failed to parse on-line version information.
Error message: The download of the specific resource has failed."
I did the "Check for update" procedure twice with the same results.
Thanks, I'll be so pleased if I can get it working as it did
before I upgraded to XP Pro and Service Pack 2.

Since you have SP2, you probably have the firewall enabled.
DQSD requires internet access for the update checks, so that could be it.

If you want to test, add C:\Windows\explorer.exe to the list of exceptions
temporarily, then do Check for Update. Does that work?

You may want to add explorer.exe back afterwards, in case you don't
desperately need update checks.

- Kim