[EMAIL PROTECTED] made an utterance to the drakelist gang
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Affeldt Fred wrote:

> One difference in bugs that should be noted: a blue racer is about 2/3
> the size of a standard bug, and it tends to be a bit faster at its
> slowest speed than a standard bug, hence the name. Vibroplex sells a
> product called a "bug tamer" which is essentially an extension to the
> arm, permitting the weight to be mounted farther out on the arm, slowing
> the speed. Slow speed on a blue racer is around 22 WPM, I think.
>
> Al's comments were right on - it's really about adjustment, not age.

Thanks - sounds like they'd all be a nice fit then.  My biggest concern
was that the models with the triangular pivot mechanism (or the
non-jeweled mechanism) would be prone to problems, etc.

My original deluxe seems to be stuck at around 35wpm with the huge weight
at the top of the arm.  I saw where I can get other weights for it but
i'll see what I can find for an old bug first.

Thanks!

--
73 Jason N1SU
http://n1su.com/