Daniel J Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang

Garey Barrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang

Sorry if this is something you already know, but we gotta start somewhere! :-)

Thanks Gary!

I should have explained it better, but first I had to get someone's attention! <grin>

The audio on my R4B is just fine until I turn the function switch to NB. It's not because the noise blanker has any noise to blank. The roughness actually sounds as if there is an extra carrier inserted. You know how audio sounds when you approach zero beat? The "normal" SSB audio has a character like it's almost at zero beat. I hear a beating in the audio, I guess you could say. Since everything else is normal when the function switch is in ANY position other than "NB", I am assuming that whatever circuitry is switched
in to do the noise blanking, is causing the problem.

I can troubleshoot this. I can read schematics just fine. I have been a broadcast engineer for over 35 years, and a licensed amateur for 43 years. I don't know everything of course, hence my questions. I was just wondering if anyone had this experience with their R4Bs.
I'm lazy and thought someone could tell me how to fix it!!!

I'll have two nice R4Bs for sale soon if anyone is interested.

Thanks a bunch es

73 de Dan -- WA0JRD ..