"Dennis Monticelli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
That was a good idea to use surplus 24V fans on 12V.  Another trick
that works well is to put two identical fans in series and run them
off the voltage that normally powers one.  For example, two series 12V
fans run off 12V or two series 24V run off 24V.

Dennis AE6C