I would be interested in seeing what info you have on the probe changes.

Dick
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David & Chris Drake
  To: drakelist@zerobeat.net
  Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 9:44 AM
  Subject: Re: [drakelist] DMM recommendation

  FYI to the group
  I too have a heath VTVM that I use frequently for receiver alignment and
other uses.  The probe is rarely included when you find one of the many
versions (cosmetically) of pretty much the same design.  The probe designed for
these VTVM's is not necessary.  The best thing to do is modify the input
circuit, very simple to do.  Then when the main switch is turned from AC to DC
to Ohms, you have the correct input impedance and blocking.  It makes the Heath
as easy to use as the Simpson 260/270 series.  You simply buy a set of standard
probes and a stereo 1/4 phone plug and wire the two leads to it.  I have the
information here somewhere and can supply to anyone who wants.  Its also
available on the internet.
  David
  wd9cmd