Tom Swisher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
On Jul 16, 2008, at 10:47 PM7/16/08, Garey Barrell wrote:

You might want to keep your eyes open for one of the Heath VTVMs, some of which have huge meters. They are abundant at hamfests, easy to fix (as long as the meter movement or cover aren't damaged) and typically cheap!

The Simpson 260 is an excellent meter, but unless you get one of the very latest models they are only 20,000 ohm / volt sensitivity. This is usually not a problem, except when it comes time to measure a high impedance AVC circuit in a tube receiver. Then the 11 Megohm input impedance of a Heath VTVM is handy!

I concur again... I have one of the Heath VTVMs but don't use it too much; sure is handy to have around when you need it, though.

Tom WA8PYR