Darrell Bellerive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Garey,

Thanks for the tip on the 6EA8 at V-2. From what I read on the web it looks
like a direct replacement. Just plug it in. Am I correct?

I have four good 6EA8's. Testing them on my Mercury Model 990 tube tester show
the following emission levels:

ProComm (Gt Britain) Triode 81 Pentode 81
HitRay (Japan) Triode 80 Pentode 78
Phillips Triode 79 Pentode 77
RCA Triode 76 Pentode 70

The tube tester good range is from 50 to 100.

From your message it looks like the oscillator triode is the problem with the
6U8 and not the pentode (1st mixer) section.

Which of the above tubes would you use and why?

73,
Darrell
VA7TO

--