Garey Barrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Don -

Your 2-B is Version 2, (change at s/n 6290,) and has one more resistor and one more capacitor than Darrell's! Both changes are in the BIAS / AVC circuit. The cap is an additional filter on the Bias supply, and the resistor decreases the IF AVC attack time in Slow AVC. The resistor requires additional switch section, and some of the Version 1 receivers had a double-pole switch with only one used.

Darrell, both schematics are on the CD, and C80 and R71 are both located near the 8BN8 Bias Rect section.

Drake 2-B, 4-B, C-Line & TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Darrell Bellerive wrote:
Darrell Bellerive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Don,

You will love the 2B/2BQ. It is a superb receiver.

Mine is serial number 5735 so your receiver would be about 5 months newer than mine according to the chart at http://www.wb4hfn.com/DRAKE/DrakeSNDatabase-P1.htm

73,
Darrell
VA7TO