From: drakelist-boun...@zerobeat.net [mailto:drakelist-boun...@zerobeat.net]
On Behalf Of Curt Nixon
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:27 PM
To: drakelist@zerobeat.net
Subject: [Drakelist] R4B/T4XB strange issue

Good Evening Gents:

Have a newly reworked R4B/T4XB pair that I've been using for a few days now.
This is the one that I filed stripped the PTO and cleaned up.

Anyway, this just started after about twenty hours of on time.

With VFO selector in Sep, the Rx injection frequency shifts at random by
approx 10Hz.  ( I have a digital RO on the injection line so it reads out
the inj freq) Sounds like a mechanical issue but does it pretty much
continually even with absolutely no vibration or contact.  Now if I switch
to TX it goes away,  in Rx, it happens but very rarely.

It just pops back and forth--always the same exact amount of shift and
always returning to the same freq.

I cannot MAKE it shift with any sort of tapping or jiggling of switches or
controls.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Curt