It depends on what you mean by "musty", Bob.

The Drake gear, like all the classic gear, has a distinctive aroma to it - and had it even when it was new - a combination of vacuum tubes, hot metal chassis and components, transformers, etc. I *like* that smell! Each manufacturer has its own recipe. With my eyes closed I can instantly tell the difference between my Drake, Heathkit and Collins stuff just by their individual emitted air borne presence. Ahhhhh. Nice. ;-)

If you really mean musty - as in mold or other life forms - it probably needs a thorough cleaning.

73,
Chris, W2PA