From: Bob Loving <bob.lov...@sbcglobal.net>
To: Drakelist <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Sent: Tue, Jul 20, 2010 8:19 pm
Subject: [Drakelist] Musty R-4C

Hello fellow Drake lovers.

I purchased an R-4C some months ago and it operates as expected. The addition
of a 250-Hz CW filter makes operating that mode much more enjoyable.

The only real problem I have with the receiver is a musty odor that's emitted
by the unit after being on for a while. I suspect it was in storage for a
period of time in a damp environment. The chassis does not show any pitting or
signs of deterioration due to humidity which one might expect with the presence
of the odor.

Has any one else come across this kind of problem and found a solution for same?

Bob K9JU