My TR-4 did not want to tune... it caught on fire that looked like it was at
the PA section probably around the relay. All I could really do was grab
switches and plugs faster than anything I've done in the last twenty years.

The smoke was not the conventional electric smell. It was very acid and
burning. I sorta took in a nose full doing the above and felt high, in a bad
way. I just got around to looking at it and can not find any burnt or
distorted part. There is absolutely no sign of soot or heat anywhere. Seeing
this I tried to tune her up again. I was getting a very solid 4.5 for the
plate current. Now it's only 3. Is it possible (likely) that I "smoked" one
of my PA tubes?

Thanks in advance,
Richard Palmer
KB8NXO