I forgot to mention that there was a 2" flame... hence fire. The tune and
load caps were clean as are the coils in the tank. I thought that maybe
something wrapped in paper light up. The flame was by where the relay is. I
would have bet good money that some sign of the fire would be obvious. But
no signs on either side of the chassis, no sign on either of the case
covers. No bare leads where something use to be and no blistered pieces. But
that smell was very acid. Even the memory of it makes my head pang.

It's sitting for now and I'm using a TS-570G. (I prefer my Drake though)