I did find a small round piece that looks like hard polished leather????
It's size is almost an exact match to the tops the slug coils. So if it were
a part of a part that's all I've found. I'm done for now. Thanks for all the
help everyone.

My MFJ is a 941D. I about died when I found myself trying to load to rig
without the coax attached. So I'm just going to save up some money and see
about shipping her off for whatever repairs are needed. I see there is a lot
I couldn't even solder on my best day anymore.

Can't say it enough... thanks.

Rick Palmer