On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 20:19:13 -0400, K9sqg wrote:

>I'm not an expert but what I have used from time to time are:
>
>Silicon grease with a temperature range from -40 to +400 deg F.
>
>NON-detergent, light motor oil.
>
>I'm sure the real Drake experts can provide much better suggestions.

TriFlow bicycle grease works well also.

It made a couple of Jacksons from a Swan rig silky smooth. The procedure was to
remove the drives and spray/soak them with cheap brake parts cleaner. The lube
can be forced into the drive with the end of a pot shaft, then I chuck the knob
end of the drive up in a drill and spin it for a while to distribute the
grease. Best to remove setscrews before this step, I watched one vibrate out
and fall into that warp zone 1/2 inch above the floor, never to be seen again.

73

-Jim

--
Ham Radio NU0C
Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.S.A.

"Give a man a URL, and he will learn for an hour; teach him to Google, and he
will learn for a lifetime."

http://radiojim.exofire.net
http://incolor.inetnebr.com/jshorney
http://www.nebraskaghosts.org