On Aug 26, 2010, at 12:29 PM, Ron wrote:

Paul,
Last time I did one, I used a small amount of kerosene to thin out the old lube. In my case the kerosene seemed to restore the old lube enough that there was no need to remove the old lube and replace with new. I would agree with Garey about that system being a "bit mechanical" when it comes to removal and re-installation and the like.

There are many articles on rebuilding Ten-Tec PTO's on the web. Most of them discuss various greases and lubricants you can use. A quick search for "ten-tec PTO rebuild" should give you lots of ideas.

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
To help restaurants, as part of the "stimulus package", everyone must order dessert. As part of the socialized health plan, you are forbidden to eat it. :-)