I hot glued two small 12vdc computer fans to the back of my AC4R which is in a
MS-4. One pushs air, the other sucks air out. Results is a cold AC-4.
------Original Message------
From: Dick KF4NS
Sender: drakelist-boun...@zerobeat.net
To: DrakeRadio list
To: Drake list at zerobeat
To: dr...@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Drakelist] AC4 heat
Sent: Dec 13, 2010 18:24

A while back I recall a discussion about the heat in the AC4/AC4R. Now
that my rig is back in the shelf along with the PS in the MS-4, I
notice that the back of the AC4R is too hot to touch for more than a
couple seconds. I worry about cooking the xfmr too much.

I could put a fan on the rear apron, and if so, is there a preference
on the location? Also, would it make any difference which direction
the air flow goes?

73, Dick KF4NS
St Petersburg, FL 33714 USA
Keep The Glow!