From: John Hudson <john.hud...@calema.ca.gov>
To: Morrell Siegel <mandbsie...@charter.net>; DRAKE LIST <Drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Sent: Fri, Feb 25, 2011 2:42 am
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] restoring

I've sent this out before but looks like it could help again.

Some years ago Hewlet Packard has their repair and calibration lab in Fullerton, CA. and I had the opportunity to visit the facility doing a walk through where they take equipment in for repair and all they do to bring the units up to speed and operational. It seems they make sure the unit is working and then take simple green and bathe the whole unit down. The unit was then scrubbed with brushes to get the big pieces off, then the unit is power washed with clean distilled water to remove all grease, girt, and whatever else was there. Once the unit is completely clean the equipment is placed in a large oven at 150-200 degs for several days unit the unit is completely dry. Once its dry the unit is again tested and any/all repairs, alignment and calibration was performed. Once
the unit was done it looked brand-new.

So the dishwasher is not a bad idea provided you don't use the soap, and not
sure how simple green would work in a dishwasher.

73's,

De WA6HYQ.