My experience with the AC4R kit was very positive..excellent quality, fast delivery..etc. So I have followed this thread with some interest. Yes there were some differences between my AC-4 and the instructions. At the risk of sounding elitist, and that is not my intent, if a person can't figure this kit out using just his ac-4, the pile of parts in the kit, and (optional bonus) a schematic of the AC-4, then that person probably should not be working on this 700V supply. Give it to someone else to work on.

I'm all for learning by doing, and a full-wave supply is generally one of the first things you learn in electronics, but take your first steps on one that won't kill you or explode in your face if you make a mistake.

FWIW

Curt
KU8L