----- Original Message ----- From: <ph...@aol.com> To: <n5...@swbell.net>; <jmbo...@ripnet.com>; <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2011 5:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] AC-4R kit

I thought the kit was of excellent quality and would have bought it with *NO* instructions. Just having it available was a blessing because without it we'd all be truly on our own (read: Some of us would be totally screwed).

73/Paul, K4MSG

I had actually repaired my AC-4 which came with some bad caps in it. But, I makeshifted with mounting and was not very happy although it worked. I bought the kit because I thought the PS was folding up under load. Turned out to be something else but I am still happy I got rid of the makeshift. I think its possible that Tom at hayseed hamfest might have can caps to fit the AC-4, he certainly does for the R-4B and other Drake and Hallicrafters stuff. Still, the arrangement with everything on a single, high quality, circuit board is desirable.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles