Does compressed air have any advantage over suction from a shop vacuum with a small paint brush? I've never liked to blow the dirt around.

73 de W3NU

On 5/16/2011 8:56 AM, Kris Merschrod wrote:
Jerry,  my 2-cents' worth:
I'd use non-chemical and non-mechanical approaches to the soot first, that is, use compressed air on it out in the open air. Then a soft, small paint brush, (The main thing is to get rid of as much as possible before making mud of it!)
Then Q-tips with contact cleaner,
Finally q-tips with De-Ox.
These are more and more tedious stps, but I just can't see taking it all apart so that it will go into the dishwasher! I Guess that a carwash treatment followed by compresed air and then a steady flow of warm dry air might work, but that is all pretty radical.
Kris KM2KM
Merschrod
123 Warren Road
Ithaca, NY 14850