From: drakelist-boun...@zerobeat.net [mailto:drakelist-boun...@zerobeat.net]
On Behalf Of Jerry Semones
Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2011 10:04 PM
To: drakelist@zerobeat.net
Subject: [Drakelist] Smoke damaged TR-4CW

I have a TR-4CW that was given to me that was in a fire about a year ago.  I
can see no damage to the plastic dials or knobs, meters, etc. so I think it
was not close to flames.

The top of the chassis is covered with heavy soot.  The front panel and
underneath the chassis look very good.  My question to the group is what is
the best way to clean it up.

I have given thought to taking it outside on a hot sunny day and spraying
Simple Green on the chassis and scrubbing it with a fairly stiff bristle
brush.  All comments are welcome.

Regards,

Jerry K4FJK