Great set of responses, both from public and private E-mails. Many thanks to all for your input. It was a real learning experience for me since I have not "lived the moment" with a Collins S Line.

Paul, W9AC

---- Original Message ----- From: "Paul" <draked...@comcast.net>
To: <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 10:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] Collins and Drake Compared

My 2cents worth....

I've had the pleasure of owning both B and C lines,as well as a Collins S3 line. I liked the Collins S line,it was well designed & built,and sure performed well,but it's gone 3 years and I still have my B and C lines.
Main reason was lack of 160 meters on S line,but not the only reason.
I could hear anything on my Drakes as well as I could on my Collins. Drakes took up less real estate on the desk also. The two were about the same for vfo drift,not bad,but VERY respectable.
Big plus is the pretty blue meters / dials!
Nuff said

AD3G