The threads about the comparisons of the Drake, Collins, etc. has got me
thinking about my first receiver and station.

Licenced at the age of 15 back in 1975, I bought used gear from the
local club members, not giving any thought as to what was great, good,
or bad in terms of design or performance. It was available and so that's
what I got.

If I knew then, what I know now, my first receiver and station would
have been totally different. If I could have afforded it a new Drake
R-4B or if money was not available, a used Drake 2B would have been my
first receiver rather than the Hallicrafters SX-140.

So if you knew then what you know now, what would have been your first
station and what year would it have been?

73,
Darrell Bellerive
Amateur Radio Station VA7TO