25 years ago my first rig was a used Drake TR-7 from Burghardt Amateur Center,
and I still have it.  Antenna was a G5RV and a B&W 300 watt tuner from Madison
(downtown Houston at the time).  Worked the world with it.  About 12 years ago
started restoring tube gear, and most of you know what that means.......Many
fine-working radios saved from the scrap heap, and no more room at the QTH for
any more (not to mention a VERY patient XYL) !!!
73
Mark
N5KAE