In the "for what it's worth" department - I used to hold a muffin fan ATOP my SB-220 and SB-200, with a pair of toothpicks. It made NO permanent holes, held the fan where it did some good, AND I had it "sucking out", as opposed to "blowing in". Any physics or fluid-mechanics guy will tell you that when you compress a fluid (like air), it heats up (albiet, in this case - very slightly), a negative pressure [sic] tends to lower the temp - whatever works for you, but my fans PULL - they don't PUSH.

Tom - W0EAJ