I really can't think of a single negative to a cooling fan other than the noise from whatever fan you use. I suppose some could say they are needed since these rigs lasted dozens of years without them, but heat is the enemy of tubes and all the rest of the works. Really quiet, inexpensive low voltage fans were not as readily available in the 60's and 70's as they are today.

FWIW

Curt
KU8L

Henry Foglesong wrote:
Wow, the score is about 15 to 0 in favor of cooling fans. I guess the guys that gave me the negatives a number of years ago when I owned a T-4XB aren't a part of this list!! Thanks for all the comments, and yes, I have a cooling fan and will be installing it on my newly purchased T-4XC. Hank