    *From:* Chuck Grandgent <mailto:ch...@chuckg.com>
    *To:* Steve Wedge <mailto:w1es1...@earthlink.net>
    *Sent:* Tuesday, September 06, 2011 9:22 PM
    *Subject:* Re: [Drakelist] Stuck screw in PTO knob.

    Hi Steve,

    WD-40 is not really a lubricant, it is a "water dispersal" (hence
    the "WD" in the name) mixture, though it has some lubricant
    properties.  I have made that mistake myself, for example trying
    to use it to lubricate the hinges on the doors in the house, where
    3-in-1 oil was clearly the better choice.

    I dunno what would be the recommended thing for your predicament,
    but I'm sure folk will chime in.

    For loosening up stuff on the 1950's tractors I got, "PB Blaster"
    is the chosen stuff, though it might be totally inappropriate
    here.  Actually, another thing does come to mind...  I rotate my
    own truck tires, and when the shop tightened them too much, Marvel
    Mystery Oil really did the trick, let it sit a few hours.

    Good luck,

       Chuck, K1OM

    On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 9:06 PM, Steve Wedge