Dale
  I rarely use Deoxit in tube sockets unless I have reason to believe the
sockets have oxidized and are causing issues. If you do use it in tube sockets
its best to dip a round toothpick in Deoxit and insert that into the individual
sockets, giving it several turns. I have also applied Deoxit directly to the
tube pins themselves with a cotton swab then installed the tube in/out of the
socket several times. I have never had a problem in almost 20 years of using
Deoxit. You have to be careful in high impendence circuits involving tube
sockets, you’ll create shorts.

73, Gary