I also use the Deoxit Pen for tube pins. The applicator is slightly
abrasive which I like.
I apply minimal amounts to switch contacts and do not wipe it off. I
want the naptha to evaporate and the oleic acid to remain so it will
work on the oxides which interfere with conduction as the switch is
operated repetitively. I think that if you wipe the surface dry after
applying Deoxit, you may be defeating its purpose by removing the oleic
acid before it does its job.
I am careful to keep Deoxit off the phenolic material of switches.
I have never had any problems from using Deoxit in this way.
73
~damon, w7md