From: Dick KF4NS <kf4nsra...@verizon.net>
To: kb8bku <kb8...@woh.rr.com>
Cc: drakelist <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Sent: Sat, Dec 24, 2011 4:38 pm
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] problem with deoxit

Darryl,
I cannot say with any real certainty but I ran into a similar situation. I used
just a tiny amount as I
have for years but the Drake TR4C did not react kindly. Now a bit on your main
problem; I also have
trouble on 40M but I am certain it is the contacts for 40M on the band switches.
I cleaned all the
contacts with alcohol and it worked ok for a while but then back to same ole
same ole. I am convinced
that this is not uncommon for the Drakes. Those bandswitch contacts seem to be a
recurring problem but
the cure is worse than the status quo. Forget about removing the switch wafers
for ANY reason. I, like
most true hams, never give up and never will. One way or another I will fix it
before I go to the great
shack in the sky.

Merry Christmas and Happy  New Year.
73, Dick KF4NS