From: drakelist-boun...@zerobeat.net [mailto:drakelist-boun...@zerobeat.net]
On Behalf Of richard radke
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2012 6:31 PM
To: drakelist@zerobeat.net
Subject: [Drakelist] L4B Oddity

I have an unusual situation underway in my L4B.  Evan, you out there?  Been
working fine until yesterday (i know, well happy new
year) one of the 3-400's filaments is half as bright as the other.  I
reversed the tubes and the same tube was dimmer in the opposite "hole", and
the amp and supply  seems like they're running hotter than normal. HV is
normal, but haven't keyed it yet or applied drive.  Pwr supply was rebuilt a
couple years ago with one of Mike's boards.  Has anyone seen a tube fail
like this?  Being a week after xmas and the YL's birthday Friday, not real
anxious to spend 5 big ones on a pair of 3-500's right now, but a guys gotta
do what a guys gotta do.

2nd question. I've got one 3-500 spare that I believe to be good. Has anyone
ever mixed a 3-400 and a 3-500 in the same amp?  Only for testing purposes.
Just asking.

Rick
W9WS