On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 19:41:59 -0600, David wrote:

>Do a very close and careful check of the filament pins on the tube.  The
>tube sockets used were notorious for relaxing the friction connection on the
>pins; the higher resistance created heat and the solder of the pins flowed
>out.  The fix is to resolder the pins Careful not to overheat

I've fixed two tubes this way. Google finds plenty of documentation on this
problem, and tips on how to solder safely and what kind of solder to use.
Mostly on the Amps reflector, IIRC. There may be some info in the Drakelist
archive, I think this has come up before. You want a high temperature solder
alloy, generic tin/lead is not recommended.

73

-Jim

--
Ham Radio NU0C
Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.S.A.

"Give a man a URL, and he will learn for an hour; teach him to Google, and he
will learn for a lifetime."

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/jshorney
http://www.nebraskaghosts.org