From: David <w...@cox.net>
To: 'Jim Shorney' <jshor...@inebraska.com>; drakelist <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Sent: Tue, Jan 3, 2012 6:35 pm
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] L4B oddity

Agree.  Using an ohm meter would show little unless zero.  For example, if
the resistance caused by the pin adds 0.1 ohm, then for a 15 amp filament,
that is a 1.5 volt drop; 30% less than normal.  If you had a grid to
filament short you were right on time for the new year's fireworks.

I have also read MANY YEARS AGO THAT THE REDISH COLOR IS A HEALTHY NORMAL,
so unless there is a crack in the glass, running it hot when the filaments
are fixed, should get it back to the right unclouded condition.

Again, careful!

Good luck.

David Assaf, III
W5XU