>    The connection to the main Rx is a bit touchy.  I used a gimmick and
>    a small cap but that is less than ideal.  Clifton Labs offers a
>    isolator on a small board that is the real answer.

Yes, you need something so the connection doesn't de-tune the Drake.
The Softrock radiates alot of signal into the IF too.
The Clifton Labs amp looks great, I will probably get one for my Kenwood mod.

I have used a version of this FET voltage follower by JA9MAT in my Icom mod:

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/YNEzTyz6EEdqb4TuXCFlakJZdWqkbYyA_2YflzIHrIBF1FMj4uIanoWVUjTzqO2bWSnPTV83qlCBZinR22BhWAFbwS-Y/JA9MAT%20-%20PCR100%2010.7MHz%20IF%20TAP/PCR100_IF_Mod_with_SRLite.JPG

The Softrock input filter is pretty broad, you might find the 40meter version
is fine as-is, or
else just add some turns to the coils.

73,
Gary