From: Curt <cptc...@flash.net>
To: drakelist <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Sent: Thu, Feb 9, 2012 3:25 pm
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] pan adapter

Hi Henry:

It will do exactly as you described...perfect for viewing the nearby
part of the band.  The SDR will show much more than 20Khz.  I think the
preselector in my a version was not very sharp, and the SDR was plenty
sensitive.

It takes very little coupling to make it work.  I never did even take
the time to put in any active isolation..ie a FET isolator, and just
used a couple of twisted turns of wire around one of the tube leads to
the IF input filter.  I can show the exact spot later when I get home if
nec.

Think I used only a couple of twists and a 10pf blocking cap.

Curt